My photo
San Francisco, California, United States
My ability to notice things and connect my experiences in a meaningful way ensures that there is never a dull moment. At 24 years old, I am only now beginning to feel comfortable being myself. The nature of this blog is to document my Process and its contents are my unabashed ideas.

Monday, September 13, 2010

A short story I wrote for an exercise in my Voice class...

Amidst crusade from a treetop fortress, my brothers and I proudly barricaded our territory from the Others. With enthusiasm, we sharpened our sticks and dug our traps, hoping to snare our enemies with surprise. Engorged with passion and dedication, we shouted and filled the humid air with our cries of honor.

“Bring forth Juniper!” the boy-warrior Nivek declared. With caution, I brought forth the fish oracle, Juniper, who fills our empty hearts with joy and righteousness, who assures us the forest we claim is ours. As I held Juniper in her clear quartz hippodrome, I felt the power amplifying from her sphere to the marrow of my bones, to the cell walls of my mitochondria. Replacing my suffering and doubt, was fearlessness and fortune. Our triumph was clear in the campaign against the Others, now our destiny must be manifest! With sticks and smug smiles, we commenced our dissent down the gnarled bark of our defense, brandishing our scaly and minuscule omnipotent.

With conviction, we left the safety of our shaded citadel, but as we approached the roots, we noticed a radiance coming from the adjacent shrubbery. The Others beamed a light so bright upon the ethereal crystal bowl, thus began Juniper’s circumvention of the inevitable illumination. “Destroy the reflections!” I ordered the warriors to encircle the grove to destroy the immaculate barrage of mirrors and exorcise our adversaries from this quarry. In a struggle that seemed like a million grains of sand in an hourglass, Juniper’s mortal figure floated buoyantly to the firmaments of the surface. What was once a divine orbit for a fish messiah was now just an illustrious sarcophagus.

Through our wails of injustice and with heavy feet, we entombed all our dreams and virtues under the most majestic juniper tree in our acreage and returned to our silent forest.

No comments:

Post a Comment