My photo
San Francisco, California, United States
My ability to notice things and connect my experiences in a meaningful way ensures that there is never a dull moment. At 24 years old, I am only now beginning to feel comfortable being myself. The nature of this blog is to document my Process and its contents are my unabashed ideas.

Saturday, July 17, 2010

"I was never like, 'Let me hold your baby!"

http://podcasts.dreamhosters.com/pcr/DiamondDave/DiamondDave-20100514.mp3

Listen to me on Pirate Cat Radio in May 2010! http://www.piratecatradio.com

@ 56 minutes and 55 seconds my interview comes on. Then sometime later, when the Open Mic portion of the show begins, I share a "poem" entitled "I Am From an Island."

I gush about Early Childhood Education being an exciting field to work in presently, due to the interdisciplinary nature of the emerging pedagogy and the real social-emotional application education has, especially in the first five years and partnering up with families, on society, culture (not the wine-and-cheese kind of culture) and its potential capacities. The title is also verbatim.



Lastly, here is a pic of a sensory-science booth at NAEYC's 2010 Professional Development Institute that I attended in June. A chemist and a teacher partnered up to make science products for children, like powder that turns into a polymer-based snow. There definitely needs to be more sensory-oriented tables, especially at conferences.

Note the woman dressed patriotically (White cardigan, red, white and blue plaid sundress, blue nails, red glitter flip flops) who I previously complimented when I was in the "Sexual Behavior in Young Children: When to Worry" workshop that day. She said, "Compliments of Wally World!"

God bless America.

No comments:

Post a Comment