My photo
San Francisco, California, United States
My ability to notice things and connect my experiences in a meaningful way ensures that there is never a dull moment. At 24 years old, I am only now beginning to feel comfortable being myself. The nature of this blog is to document my Process and its contents are my unabashed ideas.

Sunday, November 22, 2009

Exercising my innate desire to use my sense of symbolic logic

This is a draft of a post I started a couple months ago. My theory of demystifying gravity is still in its early stages, so bear with me.

Also, the creation of my new pseudonym was born when I visited the Bishop Museum planetarium in Hawaii:
"Soloterre Hokuhele"

"Soloterre" came up when I was watching La Planete Sauvage (Fantastic Planet) several years ago and liked the name of the main character, Terr, a strange little human on a weird, sexy, acid-tripish, alien planet. Terr sounded like the last part of my birth name, "taire," as in Solitaire, so I decided to roll with the French thing and alternated, "Solo," for the, "Soli," and, "Terr" for the, "Taire," but added the E at the end for phonetic value.

"Hokuhele" came to my mind when I was sitting in the dark of the Bishop Museum planetarium in Hawaii and we were examining the contellations that appear in Hawaii's sky. Hawaii is notably a telescoper's dream because of how much of our sky we are able to see due to its unique coordinates on Earth. Anyway, I can't recall which planet was known as, "Hokuhele," but the idea of a wandering star resonated with me because of the comparisons between people and stars and because growing up I was always moving homes & schools.

In short, Soloterre=lonely planet, Hokuhele=literally translated in Hawaiian is wandering star, but etymologically speaking is what they called a planet because they move in orbit with the our solar system's sun.

I <3 Earth, we may not be the only living things in this universe/pluriverse, but because of Chaos Theory, we are truly unique!

#####!################!##########!!#########

"In Hindustani, Arabic, and Malay the word for planet is the same as star which is tara or sitara, kukba, and bintang, respectively, although graha is sometimes use in Hindi. In Chinese the word is xíngxing meaning wandering star; for comet it is huì-xing (returning star), meteor is liú-xing (drifting star), and asteroid is xiao xíngxing (small planet). Comet in Hindustani is ulka tara (tailed star) and meteor is shahaba. Russian is basically the same as other European languages: zvyezda, planeta, cometa, and meteor as is German: Stern, Planet, Komet, Meteor. Hawaiian has hoku hele (star wandering) for planet or major planet, hoku welowelo (star floating in the wind) for comet, and hoku lele (star flying) for meteor. Swahili has sayari for planet, nyota for star, nyota yenye mkia (star with a tail) for comet, and kimwondo for meteor. In Turkish yildiz means star, gezegen means planet, comet is kuyrukluyildiz(tailed star), meteor is akanyildiz (flowing or running star), and asteroid is küçük gezegen (small planet). Kuyruklu is akin to tail and cycle, the Hindi ukla, and the Greek cercos (tail) and telos (end). Planet in Japanese is wakusei, comet is suisei (the Japanese space agency launched a probe in 1986 with this name which flew by Halley (Lang, 2003)), meteor is insei or ryuusei, and hoshi means star and the names of all the planets (major planets by Def. C) except Earth have the -sei suffix and it is also found in its word for constellation, seiza. Curiously, the Latin languages have changed their words for planet and comet from feminine to masculine, except French, but have retained the feminine form. We can see here that names for comets, metors, and asteroids, although sometimes poetic, are not scientific since these bodies are not stars; the same thing goes for small or minor planets, they are often called planets but are not planets."http://www.astro-taxonomy.net/)

Gravity weighs us down, gravity is what's in between everything in space.

When you look up at a flat looking sky, what you're seeing is NOT the distance or "space", rather time because the most of the starlight seen in the night sky is reaching our eyes on Earth from a long distance that by the time it reaches our eyes, that star, planet, galaxy, cluster of galaxies, super cluster of galaxies, or wall of super cluster of galaxies is long gone. We know gravity and time are not "things" and light can pass through both "things".

!!!!!!!!!!!!!#!!!!!!!!!!#!!##!!!!!!!!!!!#

If you or anyone you know would like to critically debate/humor my musings of things of that nature, vamos!

1 comment: