My photo
San Francisco, California, United States
My ability to notice things and connect my experiences in a meaningful way ensures that there is never a dull moment. At 24 years old, I am only now beginning to feel comfortable being myself. The nature of this blog is to document my Process and its contents are my unabashed ideas.

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

late night on gems tv is a video game. dowthe music, time countdown, announcer, winners, losers, and flashing lights. You got 2 minutes on the clock!

I've been working on pronouncing sounds in words with different parts of my mouth and where my tongue hits my palette. I realized when I pronounce th as in 'that,' my tongue hits the back of my teeth or peeks out my front teeth as i bite down on it. I noticed the sound difference from sticking my tongue out under a third of the way and then grasping it with the upper and bottom part of the mouth to pronounce the 'th'.

I am passionate about different tongues and how we use our mouth differently as one culture from another.

We could've been them.

After being unsettled by a commercial offering security to the consumer with abilities to see everything you are doing, controlling your cursor and etc., I changed it to the next one and it was a game show from Mexico. At first it made me feel "weird" (don't ask yet) then during commercial it sounded Swedish and now it sounds Japanese.

The rhythms are unfamiliar.

It is amazing how the rhythm from a pronunciation of one homeland used to speak the words and different pronunciation of another homeland can send you so much information.

The familiar match of reference points is reassuring!

"Do I have to pronounce it ee-ron too?"-In response to my wanting to pronounce names and words like Iran in their culture's own accent.

But seriously, I do love being "born in the USA".

No comments:

Post a Comment